How-To: Clear Cache & Cookies
Modified on: Wed, 11 May, 2022 at 10:49 AM
- On your computer, open the Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- Click on the "Advanced"
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select "All time".
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
What happens after you clear this info
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- If you turn sync on in Chrome, you’ll stay signed into the Google Account you’re syncing to in order to delete your data across all your devices.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.
How cache & cookies work
- Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data.
- The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.